Friday, December 26, 2003

Our Christmas

Our Christmas

Christmas was wonderful, I think each year it gets better and better!

My stepmom, aunt and brother came over Christmas Eve to spend the night. Christmas morning my dad drove the Uhaul (with Ashley's gifts ) and arrived by about 7:45, just in time for the kids to come downstairs and discover what treats Santa had left for them. Our living room was overflowing with gifts for the kids. Alex really was in to it this year, he understood that Santa came while he was asleep that night, and he actually remembered it when he woke up, saying "Santa, presents". He opened his gifts with ease and munched on a chocolate bar in between each one. Both of the kids made out like bandits as always. My dad and stepmom gave Ashley a brand new bedroom set complete with headboard, footboard, chest, dresser, mirror and night stand. They ALSO got her many other presents as well. These children are so spoiled it's almost embarassing! I don't even have matching furniture in my bedroom!!

Aside from all the gift giving, we all had a wonderful time together. We laughed and ate, and drank, and just really enjoyed our time together. It really means a lot to Ashley that her grandparents and uncle were there with us. Everyone, except my brother left by about noon, just in time for us to lay down for a nap. I slept wonderfully with my new sleep mask that Mark bought me! We woke up and cleaned the house for my mom and stepdad to come over. The arrived at about 6:00, we ate a little dinner, and played a card came that Ashley got for Christmas. Ashley showed them all of her gifts, and by about 8:30 everyone was tuckered out and ready for bed. Even Alex was ASKING to go brush his teeth.

So Christmas is now officially over. We made some wonderful memories, started a few new traditions, spent some wonderful time together as a family, and most of the time we did it with a smile. I really could not have asked for a more wonderful Christmas

No comments: