Thursday, September 02, 2004

My husband

I'm laying in bed trying to come up with the words to write in a card that I bought for Mark the other day. He's in Tennesee on business and will be home just before midnight tonight and I wanted to leave the card out for him to read when he gets home. On the front of the card is the back of a man wearing a trench coat and black socks, he's obviously flashing everyone in front of him. YOu open the card and it says "You showed em a thing or two! Congratulations!" Mark will get a kick out ot that. It's sooo hard to come up with the perfect words for a man that comes so close to perfection himself. He just got a big promotion and will now be managing a group of 10. For me this promotion is not surprising at all. Next to my father he has the best work ethic I've ever known. I have always looked up to Mark, and always known that he could do whatever his heart desired, so when he told me that his goal was to be a project manager someday, I knew it would happen. He's very intelligent, much more than he gives himself credit for, this is part of what has always drawn me to him. He does not have a hint of arrogance about him, god I love that. He works just as hard at his job as he does his relationships. This is what I want him to know, I don't want to just congratulate him on a promotion at work, it goes much deeper than that. He received this promotion because he is a wonderful, hardworking, dedicated man that I'm sure many look up to. I am so proud that this amazing man has a place in my life, and I hope I can show him just how special he is.

No comments: