Thursday, March 29, 2007

Now THIS I can handle

After reading the article about the church that kicked off the "Complain free for 21 days" program, I got to thinking. Could I do this? And then I really got to thinking. Do I complain a lot? Just how much DO I complain? Now I'm beginning to realize how complaining could very well be a habit shared by more people than any other known habit.

I woke up this morning, and the very first thought that came to mind, was a complaint. "Arrrggghhh, stupid alarm! I don't want to get up, I'm stiiiillll tired!" Then I walk downstairs, check on Ashley, and on a typical day, another complaint rolls through my mind, "Why can't she close her door when she gets ready! She's going to wake Alex up!" Hmmm, instead I suppose I should replace that thought with, "She's such a good girl, she's already up and dressed without me having to say a word." Goodness, the first two thoughts of my day are negative, I NEVER stopped and thought about it. I'm going to adopt this program for our family. I NEED to adopt this program for our family. (Mark, I know you're smiling right now, just imagining the road trip this weekend) Maybe this could stem off in to an ongoing program with sticker charts and rewards.

Today I will document my complaints. Just as an informative sort of here's what not to do journal. As I sit here thinking about how easy this will be, I begin to wonder if I just don't realize how much I complain. Here we go!

No comments: