Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Pass The Torch Tuesday



This morning, Mark and I found a book of poems written by miss Ashley in her Monday folder.

The cover is a pink piece of folded construction paper entitled Book O' Poetry, by Ashley. Each page inside is an illustrated half a sheet of folded paper with poems written in pencil. This is no ordinary poetry book. This book is amazing. Each piece of work is filled with meaning and a sort of unexpected depth for a 10 year old child. A sort of depth that I'm not even sure I'm capable of expressing myself. I am just so incredibly proud that Ashley is growing in to this AMAZING human being, that is capable of expressing herself this way.

I Am
by Ashley Urben

I am curious and creative
I wonder if pigs will fly
I hear myself think
I see my brother grow
I want to go to the moon
I am curious and creative
I imagine that there'll be world peace
I feel good when I talk about problems
I touch the paper with my pencil
I worry about my great grandpa
I cry when a friend or family member dies
I am curious and creative
I understand that people make mistakes
I say that one day I'll become a vet
I dream of one day working with animals
I try to do my best in life everyday
I hope to get a good job
I am curious and creative

2 comments:

Kelly Curtis said...

Oh my gosh - that is so awesome. Truly awesome. What a great girl you have there. I'm going to ask D to read this one.

Holly Schwendiman said...

What a fantastic share! It just makes you so proud when you can peg growth and development in your kids doesn't it?

Hugs,
Holly