Monday, January 29, 2007

CHM Carnival Topic: What parts of yourself do you hope that your child gets?

Another good topic to ponder.

There are so many things I want for my children, but in reality I haven't ever really imagined these things as pieces of myself...but I suppose they are.

Here goes...

  • I hope that they both have a very strong sense of family.

  • I hope they will have self confidence...it has taken me a looong time to learn this, but hopefully I can show them what I have learned and they can pass me up with an even stronger sense of self confidence.

  • I so, so, hope they both continue to have a sense of humor, because no matter what happens in life, a sense of humor will ALWAYS help you get through those bumps in the road.

  • I hope Ashley learns how a husband should treat his wife. I hope that I set a good example of balance in a relationship.

  • I hope they both learn that kindness and empathy are essential in all relationsips and that both of these will make their lives fruitful.

  • I hope they both turn out to be free thinking individuals that don't follow the paths of others without reason.

  • And lastly, I hope they learn from their mistakes, and mistakes, there will be a-plenty.

4 comments:

devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Humor will indeed get you through many bumps in the road. And there are many to hurdle! Just here via the carnival.

Anonymous said...

oh, a lovely list! strength, humour and the ability accept mistakes: recipe for well being, indeed. :)

(via CHBM)

Mom2Amara said...

Raising free thinkers I think is something we all should strive for! Our world would be so much more tolerant...and interesting! Here via CHBM!

Janean said...

YES! Great list, Jamie. I especially agree with the last one. I haven't always learned from my mistakes. It's not fun to have to make the same mistakes two or three times (or more) and I definitely wouldn't wish that on my children.
I would hope that they would learn from MY mistakes...but I think that's too much to wish for. Seems we all have to make our own way, unfortunately. :D
Have a great week from a fellow Crazy Hip Blog Mama!