Tuesday, January 30, 2007

January 30, 2007

Daddy, Alex, Grams, Pops and I sat in the Performing Arts Center at the High School and watched Miss Ashley receive her award for advancing to Area in the Visual Arts category for the Reflections contest. She got the biggest ribbon she's ever received, and I'm sure there's a special place on her wall reserved for it. This years theme was "My favorite place". Ashley drew a picture of her view from horseback.

Ash and I went to our first girls High School Basketball game together tonight. Just the two of us. We watched Varsity go in to overtime and win by 1 whopping point. We were on the edge of our seats and that last few minutes we could't even sit, it was an incredibly exciting game. I thought it was pretty special that Ash opted to sit with me instead of all of her friends. I didn't mind if she had decided to sit with them, in fact, I fully expected it, but I thought it was pretty special when she came back over, sat in front of me and leaned back, wrapped her arms around my legs and watched the game with me. I wonder how much longer I have to enjoy this. :)

No comments: