Thursday, March 08, 2007

TAKS Test

What's that you say? These are the results from the state mandated TAKS test that all fifth graders are required to pass in order to be promoted to the sixth grade. As much as I despise this type of testing, and the effect it has on teaching, we are so proud of miss Ash!

Along with this information we also received notice of a middle school parent meeting that's coming up on the 20th. After reading the "Middle School Parent Meeting" headline, I set the paper in the trash stack and moved on to the next flyer in her Monday folder, when suddenly it occurred to me that this note WAS actually for ME to read. After the screaming alarm in my head stopped, I calmly accepted that YES, I will in fact be a middle school parent in approximately 5 months time. How did happen so fast and where is my little girl???

No comments: