Saturday, April 07, 2007

Mandatory smiles

I've been pushing Bluebonnett pictures to the bottom of my to do list for almost 2 weeks now. I've told the kids almost every day to "please remind me tomorrow that we HAVE to do Bluebonnett pictures." And each day something gets in the way. Alex has been anxiously awaiting our stop on the side of the road and has even requested that we stop "a whole bunch of times". So, yesterday on the way to Nana and Big Daddy's we stop. Daddy is sick, and stays in the car with the dogs while I attepmt a speedy photo session. My expectations were high considering all the preparations I've made in talking it up to the kids. That was my first mistake.

We get out there and here is what I get:

Awww, isn't she just perfect.



Aaannnd then there's Alex











Mistake #2...trying to force a hard headed 5 year old to smile. Doesn't work. I threw in the towel with the boy and put my "other" daughter Kelly in for a quick photo shoot fix. Ahhhh....much better.







After watching how happy the girls made me, Alex decided to give it one last try and I actually got 2 decent photos out of him.







No comments: