Wednesday, January 17, 2007

January 17, 2007

I fixed my darling daughters hair today. She has her very first "salon do" with highlights taboot. I tried to teach her how to fix it herself, but secretly I want to be her stylist forever. I know this won't last long, adolesence is creeping up on us and the day will come when touching her hair is forbidden. Adolesence: I can see it in the shadows, but I refuse to awknoledge it's presence.

Alex and I did some science experiements today. We got to handle our poly-something-or-another crystals, which are no longer crystals, but instead squishy substances. Very interesting. Alex is very passionate about science these days, so passionate that we were up until 10:30 lastnight doing experiments. Fun stuff.

I took some shots of our "blizzard" and the remnants of the ice storm. Surprisingly, we didn't loose any large limbs. I'm very thankful for that.

I was somehow talked in to watching American Idol this evening. What a complete waste of an evening. It amazes me what passes for entertainment...and even more so what entertains my daughter.

Every day when Mark comes home from work, it is routine for me to greet him and snuggle him for a minute or two. It always amazes me how he can spend an entire day at work and come home with that knock your socks off scent, still smelling as fresh as he did that morning. I always hug him just long enough to close my eyes and while forgetting the day, take a deep breath, and inhale what I missed while he was away.

No comments: