Monday, January 15, 2007

White stuff

Couldn't sleep this morning, I suppose it had something to do with the change in weather. Ok, I guess I don't just "suppose"...I'll confess, I'm a child at heart, the thought that snow might blow through while I lay sleeping weighed heavily on my mind. That along with pitter patter of sleet on the deck out back. I tried so hard to go back to sleep, but my mind continued to throw visions of snow covered trees my way. Finally, I couldn't stand it any longer, I had to go see. I peeled the warm covers back and stepped in to the bitter air as I tiptoe-ran to the window to see what mother nature had in store. Yes, there is white stuff! Snow, I don't know, and I guess it doesn't matter. White stuff is all I hoped to see and white stuff there was a-plenty. I ran back to bed, after murmering something to sleeping Mark, in hopes that maybe I could share this with someone. :) I guess I woke him, and if it wasn't for my chattiness, I'm sure he would have dozed off immediately, but nevertheless, I am a native Austinite, and by golly if it's white out there, this girls-a-chattin. Sweet Mark, never misses a beat, he did what he had to do, listened to me yammer about whatever there is to yammer about in the wee hours of a white morning and eventually I fell back asleep.

Today was a lazy white day. It turns out the white stuff was, in fact sleet, not snow, but it'll do. We still have a 40% chance all day today and tomorrow, so there's a little hope left. School is cancelled for tomorrow, and Ashley's plan for Kelly to get iced in at our house panned out just like she hoped. Gotta love the bad weather days. It wasn't that long ago that I remember planning my own little "get iced in" scheme with Dana and Skye. Brings back some great memories.

No comments: