Saturday, February 17, 2007

Photo Hunters #5 "Antique"

This morning when I popped in to see what the theme for the week was, I thought this one was going to take me a while. Within a few minutes I remembered my recent trip to Jason's house and the photos I took. He's moving and I was there to help him pack and take pictures of furniture for him to sell on Craigslist. For the memory bank, I decided to take a photo of an old chair that we grew up with. Even though I was certain this one was going straight to the trash, I KNEW there had to be a reason I was taking that picture! I despised this chair, even back then it was old and ugly. This theme has made me realize that I need to call up mom and find out where this chair came from, I have to know its history. I'm not sure I'm ready for Jason to trash it. (I cannot believe I just typed that) Here's the green chair that I hated through out my childhood, but now have decided I kind of like in some sort of sentimental grotesque way:

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It certainly has character. I can understand how you would not have liked it in your younger years, but have grown to appreciate it over time. I always wonder the stories it could tell - who sat in it? Happy weekend.

Andree said...

Perhaps with a different cover you could find it more appealing? It looks comfortable! Have a great week!