Monday, August 22, 2005

Call From The Teacher

It's the third day of school, the phone rings, it's your childs 4th grade teacher calling to inform you of an "incident" that happened with your oh-so-sweet 8 year old. I have to admit, when Ashley's teacher announced who she was my heart began to pound, despite knowing that my Ashley could never do harm, ESPECIALLY on the third day of school. Well, I was right, my Ashley did no REAL harm, per se. This year Ashley has the "privelage" of being outside in the portables with all the other 4th graders. Oh wait, I'm not supposed to use the term "portable", I'm supposed to say "cottage". Kind of like repacing "mobil home" with manufactured home dontcha know. ;) Same thing, different word, whatever. Anywho, my point is, the kids are using new bathrooms this year, and apparently, my Ashley hasn't quite figured out that the girls bathrooms are on the opposite side of the hall from last year. She walked in on two of her classmates using the urinals. :( Poor thing, I can't even begin to imagine the horror of being a 4th grader having to back to class with these boys. Thankfully, after quizzing her, I discovered that no boy parts were revealed during the mishap. Apparently, Ash was pretty distressed over the incident and had a hard time getting over it in class. Mrs. Ellsworth said she just looked so sad. My poor baby. I hate not being able to fix this. We decided that instead of being upset about it, we were going to laugh, and that's what we did. I reminded her of how funny this will be to look back on, she reluctantly agreed and laughed along with me.

It reminds of the time back in 3rd grade when Ryan Stephenson barfed on my shoe. I was sooo embarassed, I thought the world was coming to an end and no one would ever like me again. Ok, so only a little bit got on my shoe, but what's the difference. ;)

No comments: