Thursday, August 25, 2005

I Thought We Were Past This Stage!



This is what happens when momma spends 15 minutes on the phone with a friend, neglecting her poor lonely child.

I snapped these pictures just minutes after getting off the phone with an incompetant dental assistant, and needless to say, I was NOT in a good mood. I was looking for Alex to round him up so we could go to Radijazz. We were already running late. I didn't find him in the TP'd bathroom, so I went upstairs to find picture #1. We used the rice in a lesson earlier that morning, and apparently Alex really enjoyed himself. I found him in his mess, and I was not happy. I was doing they typical reprimanding when I went to put his socks on. (The innocent socks lying on the floor in the first picture) I picked them up not realizing that I had just activated a booby trap. Alex had filled his socks with rice. Lovely. At this point, I could no longer scold him, my brain was on overload, so I broke down in to laughter. I think laughter for a mommy can be compared to passing out. It's the minds way of protecting itself from things it doesn't need to experience. So I'm laughing, while Alex is looking up at me with complete confusion. When he realizes it's safe, he follows suite and while pointing at me, nervously laughs out"Haha, you're laughing, you're laughing, that means you're not mad anymore, Huh Huh, huh huh". My poor son.

No comments: