Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Catch of the day # 1,453,201

I had to make a trip to the office yesterday for a meeting. So yeah, I had to stop in at one of my favorite Goodwill's that happens to be right across the street from the office.

My catch of the day:



Pocket V.Smile (with 1 game)
Portable educational game system for on the go, or can be hooked up to the TV.
Jamie's price: $9.99
Target's price: $69.99

Practice and Learn 6th Grade
6th grade workbook that includes Grammar, Reading and Lit., Spelling, Scicence, Social Studies, and Math
Jamie's price: $.99
Teachers Paradise: $18.99

And one other thing...I found a box of solid wood flooring that just happens to be exactly the flooring in the background of the above picture, same brand and color. We intended to buy a box of this to have on hand incase we needed to make repairs in the future, but we found out Home Depot no longer carries it. Soooo, I walk in to my favorite store and wowzas, there it is, an entire box.

Wood Flooring
Jamie's price: $12.99
Price tag on the box: $55.00

At Goodwill they have a date code at the top of each price tag, I thought it was interesting that I probably bought one of the newest items on the shelf and one of the oldest items as well. The V.Smile was priced yesterday (the day of my purchase) and the wood flooring was priced 6 years ago! HA! It was waiting for me! I cannot walk through the doors of a goodwill and come out without a story, it never fails.

No comments: