Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ode to bacon grease

Oh how I love thee!

You give us a delightful flavor the morning of your birth, a flavor that if captured continues to be savored for meals to come. I once considered you bad and unhealthy and fattening and artery clogging and despicable, but your flavor has cast a spell on me. I will cook with you, seek out recipes for you and feed you to your biggest fan of us all, my bacon savoring husband, whom your spell was cast upon many moons ago. I won't fret about how unsightly you are when you are resting in the bottom of the old sauce jar, I will scoop you and close my eyes until you awake, and then I cook with you, and eat you. I will do more crunches, more walking and eat an extra helping of veggies just to have you. You are the almighty and shall have a shelf of your own in the Urben kitchen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! That was some funny stuff. Welcome to the dark side. You'll like it here. ;-)

Mollie said...

Hmm, I'm thinking someone slipped something fancy into your bacon grease there lady.......WAY too much passion there!