Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Read To Me Challenge Goals




A new challenge!! At Snapshot Jennifer has started a wonderful challenge called Read To Me. Books are very important to our family, so this challenge is right up our alley. Although we read regulary, there's ALWAYS room for improvement. This challenge will give us that little UMPH to take us to the next level. As with every challenge, one must set goals so here goes! I'm hoping that this challenge will stay with us, and we'll continue to grow, and set new goals after these are acheived. My goals for reading with the family:

Alex:
  1. Read a minimum of 90 minutes per week either with, or to Alex.
  2. Continue making weekly trips to the library and allowing him to choose books of his choice.
  3. Introduce Alex to the online catalog for the library.

Ashley:

  1. Read a minimum of 90 minutes per week either with or to Ashley. It's so easy to just let her go off on her own and read, and that's fine, but I would like to make it a shared time for us.
  2. I'd like to introduce Ashley to some classics such as To Kill a Mockingbird , The Swiss Family Robinson, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Tom Sawyer etc.
  3. I'd like to read more poetry with her, and research some good poetry books that she might find interest in. She's an excellent writer and I would like to encourage that as much as I can.
  4. Take her to the Public Library more often. I take for granted the fact that they do this at school regularly. Going to the library and letting her explore is a completely different experience than going with her class.
  5. Introduce her to reading the News Paper.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great goals! Quite a few of the paricipants have posted poetry books on their lists, so read through them if you get a chance and you'll get some good ideas.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh - your links to black people love us and engrish are so hilarious!! I about died laughing!!

I came here from the read to me mission, but got side tracked on your links!