Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 1 - The Love Dare

Today is day 2 of The Love Dare, but I HAVE to post about Day 1 now while it's still fresh in my mind. I have to make this short and sweet since I'm already running late getting ready for work.

I prepared the kids and Mark for Day 1 the night before. Initially, Alex was completely turned off to it. He could not imagine not saying a single negative thing all day to Ash...and then the thought of 40 days of similar challenges had him up in arms. "No, I'm not doing it, that's too long" I was finally able to talk him in to it, by encouraging him to just look at each day individually. I had him only focus on tomorrows task. When he finally agreed, I was so proud of him...but really I knew an entire day of nothing negative towards his sister was an incredible task.

I'm happy, proud and elated to say that Alex and Ashley made it through the ENTIRE day without saying a single negative word. What amazed me most was hearing Alex talk about this challenge and how it made him happy to be positive, and then, he got it. He told me that he could see how this was so easy that it wouldn't be that big of a deal to just make it a habit everyday, and not just on this "challenge" day. My heart swelled. He GOT IT!!!!

Mark and I made it through the day just as easily as I suspected. We are typically positive people and always make that effort.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the challenge and what lessons we have in store.

Now, I'm off to work before it gets any later.

No comments: