Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 3 - The Love Dare

Day 3: Whatever you put your time, energy, and money into will become more important to you. It’s hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, “I was thinking of you today.”

This was tougher than I anticipated. I really wanted to buy something meaningful, yet inexpensive and could not think of anything "worthy". I think I was over thinking it most of the day. I ended up buying all the ingredients for a new recipe for stuffed jalapenos (with bacon!!). Last night was poker night, so I waited until about 9:00 to give him his gift so he could share them with his friends.

Mark came home with one of my favorite bottles of wine, which I will enjoy this evening after work. Great choice, Mark!!

Alex started his gift for Ashley the night before, almost immediately after I announced the next day's challenge. He wrote her a poem and drew a colorful picture to go along with it.
Ashley drew Alex a picture...I know there's a name for it, I just can't think of it...anyway, she spelled his name and each letter was created with pictures that define Alex's favorite things. I will have to post a picture of it in lieu of trying to describe it. Very sweet!

Day 3 was another success! On to Day 4!

Oh, and on another note, yesterday's coffee surprise/sculpture from Mark was "MMMMPPA!!!" spelled with toothpicks. The dots on the exclamation points were coffee beans. He's such a sweetie.

No comments: